• Fri frakt över 499 kr
  • Egen produktutveckling
  •  tillverkning i sverige

can one eat for beauty?

2020-06-01

According to experts, the premature aging of the skin is due to about 20 percent of our genes, the rest about 80 percent being affected by our lifestyle and food choices. In other words, we actually have an impact on how our skin appears.

Why is lifestyle and food so important for aging? Well, it is because this is precisely what affects our collagen levels in the skin.

The collagen gives the skin firmness and elasticity (collagen forms, for example, connective tissue) and if we live healthy then the collagen is preserved in the skin. Here is a list of some things that reduce your collagen levels:

1. Smoking.

2. Too much sun exposure.

3. Unbalanced diet (fast carbohydrates break down collagen).

4. Lack of sleep (the hormone HCG builds up the skin and makes it firm and thick. HCG levels increase during good sleep).

5. Stress. When we stress, the hormone cortisol is released which breaks down collagen.

6.  High-intensity exercise causes the body to produce free radicals, which in turn break down the collagen.

7.  Ageing. Already at the age of 20-25, collagen levels begin to decline in the body.

The diet affects the whole body. The skin is the largest organ of the body, and is therefore very much affected by what diet we have. What we eat and drink builds up the skin from the inside.

In the past, in a natural way, we got collagen by having a completely different diet. Then, for example, intestinal food and bone broth was a natural feature of everyday life.

Therefore, in order for us today to get the collagen that the body actually needs, it is important to add collagen powder or liquid collagen to the diet. We can also increase our intake of certain foods that fuel the body with nutrition, strengthen the skin and trigger the collagen levels in the body. Examples of such foods are soybeans, lentils, turkey, tuna, chicken and salmon.

However, it is difficult to only get through the food to the levels of collagen needed to keep up with the loss of collagen that occurs in the body.

This site uses cookies, by continuing you agree to the use of cookies. Read more about cookies and our integrity policy.